|Start Date: 1 July 2021||End Date: 5 July 2021|
|Pattern Name: Verbena Dress by Blank Slate Patterns||What I did: followed pattern|
|Size: 2x for everything but sleeve, which was 3x||Recipient: me|
|soft knit jersey|
Notes: Based on the torso measurements, I added 2 inches to the front and back bodice. Which was great. I had thought not to do the exposed ruffle, but I coudln’t quite visualize where I needed to make that adjustment, so I left it in. As it is, I like how it adds texture right under my butt, so i’m not sure I’d remove it if I make this again. Everything was straightforward except the elastic to the waist – which is for skirt support, not for shaping. I have mixed feels on it.
If I make it again, I’ll grade to a 3x in the shoulders because my shoulders are wider than the finished product. I will make a mental note that this might make a great fitted tee – I don’t do peplums, but the pattern has instructions for that.