Episode 11: Halfsies Done
Welcome: Please find my latest episode here. Email me at saltyjoknits at gmail dot com and as saltyjoknits on instagram.
It turned out cute, right? I can’t be arsed to take pix of projects tonight. But I’ll have project pages with pix soon.
- (Ravelry link) Smooth Operator Socks by Susan B Anderson using Trekking XL sock yarn (it’s old stash, no band)
- Hermione’s Everyday Socks by Erica Lueder (holiday color way)
- (ravelry link) Starkin mitts by Kate Davies using US 3.25 US/3.00 MM and Milarrochy Tweed – using Beate’s colors from pattern
- Cushiest Cowl by Nancy Marchant Modern Daily Knitting Field Guide 21
- Brioche Round Two ColorYouTube · The Unapologetic Knitter8 minutes, 40 secondsMay 7, 2015
- English 2 Color Brioche in the RoundYouTube · Andrea Mowry13 minutes, 50 secondsMay 24, 2018
4. (Ravelry link) Smooth Operator Sock by Susan B Anderson using some Yarn Jar (on Etsy) self-striping in pinks and greys; US 0/2.0MM
Help a girl out – looking for recommendations for knit baby dresses, cardis or pullovers and for sewists – a tried and true (plus sized inclusive) knit tee sewing pattern.
New non-crafting blog: http://www.glowingwanderer.com
It’s always great to see that you have a new podcast, and I tuned in with great interest. I am sorry to hear of all your trials with flooding and your health. Snow and ice and non-stop gloomy days can exacerbate a tough situation. We are pretty far north here in the Seattle suburbs, and we do have pissing rain and gloom at times but not the icy conditions you describe. Snow and ice occur but don’t last long and aren’t too severe.
I successfully taught myself double knitting. Once you get the hang of it, it’s kind of like 2-color ribbing. I’m almost done with my cowl.
I finished Birkin, but she’s toooo big. Sigh. Swatches lie. Tried the dryer but it’s still enormous. Maybe I have body dysmorphia. I want to remedy it even if I have to frog to the armpits.
I knit every day in 2023 so far.
Keep ya head up Jo!