Welcome: Please find my latest episode here on my Libsyn account here
Also, find me as saltyjoknits on ravelry or in our podcasts group on ravelry. Email me at saltyjoknits at gmail dot com and as saltyjoknits on instagram
- On the Spice Market by Melanie Berg
- Yarnia RPG MKAL
- Galder Socks by Mari-Liisa Varila
- Smooth Operator Socks by Susan B Anderson
1. Chuck sweater by Andi Satterlund.
2. Waiting for Rain by Sylvia McFadden using my Tosh Merino Light in Stargazing
3. Sockhead Slouch hat by Kelly McClure
4. Maybe a Brickless with Miss Babs Yowza in the Deep Sea Jellyfish
Guernsey Wrap by Jared Flood.
I mentioned a few episodes ago that I’d like to do a finish as many socks as you can kind of thing with points. But I have personally been overwhelmed at how many KALs are going all over the place–in some groups, multiples. So I have KAL fatigue. I’m going to wait and see how that feels in March and consider starting something then.
2 bags for knitting using the Great Granny Bag tutorial from Emmaline Bags blog. The first bag is featured at the top of this post and the other bag is this pretty yellow one:
Rants and Raves
Rant-Outdoor ice rinks when you’re a spectator and it’s ridiculously cold outside
Rave-A visit from my sewing mojo who has been sadly missing in action
The fine line between crafting competition and bonding. I think.
Listen here for Episode 1:
Hi all–Here are the show notes for Episode 1. Please let me know if you have any questions or if you want more info on anything.
- Campside Shawl by Alicia Plummer http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/campside
- I’m knitting this project with One Twisted Tree’s Acid Peacock in the lavish base which is a lovely sport weight: http://www.onetwistedtree.com/shop/acid-peacock
- Generally, this has been pretty easy, but the fourth chart is just giving me fits. I think there’s just more room for error because I’m at 300 stitches and counting, so any lack of focus and I’ll forget a yarn over.
- I’m also eyeballing the amount of yarn left wondering if I need another skein of Acid Peacock, but I think I’m going to see where I’m at at the end of the chart 4.
- Pixelated pullover by Jennifer Beaumont: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pixelated-pullover
- I’m knitting this one with Cascade Superwash Sport in Royal Purple, a lavender and a lime green.
- This has been pretty straightforward given the pixelation. My two biggest tips:
- Where the pixel changes to the next solid color area, it tends to create a visual horizontal line.
- Hold the dominant color yarn in right/throwing hand; pixels in left. Weird to throw!
- Big Bad Berg-along sponsored by some of my most fav podcasters–I’ll probably only qualify for Dani and Susie of the Prairie Girls Knit and Spin KAL because this thing is not getting done in 15 days!
- I’m knitting On the Spice Market by Melanie Berg: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/on-the-spice-market
- I’m using Frabjous Fibers: Cheshire Cat yarn in these colorways:
- Barley Sugar: http://www.ravelry.com/stash/search#colorway=Barley+Sugar&photo=yes&yarn-link=frabjous-fibers-cheshire-cat
- Mock Turtle: http://www.ravelry.com/stash/search#colorway=Mock+Turtle&photo=yes&yarn-link=frabjous-fibers-cheshire-cat
- Crimson Fury: http://www.ravelry.com/stash/search#colorway=Crimson+Fury&photo=yes&yarn-link=frabjous-fibers-cheshire-cat
- Goat’s Beard: http://www.ravelry.com/stash/search#colorway=Goat+S+Beard&photo=yes&view=thumbs&yarn-link=frabjous-fibers-cheshire-cat
- The other purple: It’s #47, but I’m not finding a quick link.
- Piece of Rudeness: http://www.ravelry.com/stash/search#colorway=45+Piece+Of+Rudeness&photo=yes&yarn-link=frabjous-fibers-cheshire-cat
- Coasters! By Berroco – http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/coaster-15
- Knitting in noro kureopatora in 1021 http://www.ravelry.com/stash/search#colorway=1021&photo=yes&yarn-link=noro-kureopatora-2015
- These fly off the needles. Using DPNs in whatever the pattern recommended
- 4 so far, but needed to finish something; these only take a couple of episodes to do 🙂
- Galder Socks by Mari-Liisa Varila http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/galder
- Part of my fav local yarn store’s quarterly sock club and I’m knitting with Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Clover: http://www.ravelry.com/stash/search#colorway=Clover&photo=yes&yarn-link=mountain-colors-bearfoot
- Wreathe from Purl Soho: https://www.purlsoho.com/create/2014/11/20/winter-wreath/
- Ornaments from Purl Soho: https://www.purlsoho.com/create/2015/11/30/heirloom-wool-ornaments/
Rants and Raves
Rant- My own sloppiness with “Projects” in ravelry. Pictures geck!
Rave- A gentle fall with leaves and mild temps and no ice scraping!!
Deep Thoughts by Jo
My random movie reference for listening to the wireless: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0031067/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_47
My podcast commitment
- Every two weeks (or more if I want)
- Be myself and be good with what I produce or don’t
- Pic upadtes of projects with each podcast